1. Your name: Audrey
2. Age: 19
3. Marital Status: Single, and almost to the point where I'm starting to see my love life flat line.
4. Name 5 things that you'd like to change/see change in this world:
1.This ever growing need to watch people humiliate themselves on "reality t.v.". People seem to have lost all sense of the art form behind any kind of acting.
2. The lust of money that seems again to be taking the world over. People are willing to do anything these days for a quick buck. Whatever happened to working hard to get what you earn?
3. Teen Fashion magazines. If I see another magazine on the rack telling 13 year old girls how they too can have kissably soft lips and any guys can be theirs in 10 days I may just scream. Whatever happened to building young women up?
4. The education system. Atleast in my home town its ridiculous. If we want to get children out of the streets and make them into something there needs to be something done. Obviously they're parents arent going to send them, or do something about them not going.
5. This never ending rush for people to always be in a hurry. It's almost maddening to see people move at this feverish pace and never stop to think wow hey I'm alive today. Look how lucky I am to be who I am. People seem to be really self involved. (although I wont deny I can be too at times)
5. Name 5 of your favorite bands:
1. Even though he isnt a band,but Jason Mraz
2. Lucky Boys Confusion
3. Again not a band,but Ben Kweller
4. Tenacious D
6. What are your thoughts on religion?
I think its wonderful for those who find it. Where it may not be for everyone, I know for myself it has saved me. I know i wouldn't be here typing this right now if it hadn't been for my religion.
7. What are your thoughts about abortion?
Even though I am catholic, my view on religion differ from those who practice my faith. I believe in a woman's right to choose. Who are we to tell a woman brutally raped and carrying her attackers child she has to live with the burden of carrying the never ending reminder. Now I do believe however there should be restrictions. I know plenty of girls who used abortion as a form of birth control instead of taking responsibilities for their actions.
8. What are your thoughts on the "perfect" human image society has portrayed throughout the years?
I know again first hand the perils of the perfect human image thrust upon society, especially teenage girls. You're taught to be skinny, beautiful, compliant, but be independent. Its so impossible to be the perfect image. The only thing a person can truely do is to make themselves content, and say to hell with what everyone else thinks.
9. Who is the person you most admire?
My mother. She is this wonderfully strong woman who never can see her strengths. She has raised me with the belief I can be whoever I want to be, and has allowed me to make the mistakes I've made to be the adult im going to become. When I succeed she celebrates with me, and when I mess up she lets me know it, but she comforts me as well. Shes a wonderful woman and I hope I can be half the woman she is some day.
10. Why do you want to join this community?
It would be a nice change to discuss issues without the blank stares and traveling drool down chins that I've become so used to.
11. Anything else you'd like to say? I have red hair. If thats a problem...then I'll list that as number 6 on the list of things I would like to change in this world.