1. Your name: Angelina
2. Age: 19
3. Marital Status: single
4. Name 5 things that you'd like to change/see change in this world: (1) For starters, I'd like to see everyone have the same basic rights. Personally, I thought that was the whole point of this country to begin with. Freedom. It shouldn't matter what your race, gender, religion, sexual preferance, social standing, or wealth is. (2) It would be nice if our governments stopped lying to us. In some countries, what kids learn for history is really just what that country's government wants them to believe, not what actually happened. And I'm sure there is plenty of truth out there that our own government is hiding. (3) I think education should be less expensive without lowering the quality of said education. Some people just can not afford to go to college and get the education that they need/want to have a better career. I think if governments spent less money on weapons and more money on schools, we'd be better off. (4) I'd like to see actual music being played on MTV instead of just crappy shows. Sorry had to throw that one in there. (5) And last, I think it should be illegal for telemarketers to call your house at all hours of the day every day. If they can't send you their bullshit in the mail, then they shouldn't harass you about it at all.
5. Name 5 of your favorite bands: Bif Naked, Tricky, The Butchies, Garbage, Anna Loos
6. What are your thoughts on religion? Hrm...tricky. My dad is German/Jewish and my mom is Wiccan. I was raised on both but prefer Wicca. I can't really say I put that much thought into people's religions. I think it's a personal and private choice. I can't stand when people try to force their beliefs on others thou. Talking about your beliefs is one thing, but as soon as it turns to "my religion is the only one that is true" I just end up walking away. I don't believe that there is just "one true religion". I think it's all a matter of faith.
7. What are your thoughts about abortion? I'm pro-choice. I think it's pathetic when people use it as a form of birth control, but at the same time, I think we should always have the right to make that decision. No one should ever be able to make that choice for us. And really, despite your views, you never really know how you're going to feel about it until you are in that situation. I know a couple people who thought it was wrong and wanted it to become illegal until they got pregnant. Suddenly, their views changed. Only one actually went through with it, but both of them appreciated having abortion as an option.
8. What are your thoughts on the "perfect" human image society has portrayed throughout the years? Perfect...no such thing. I've moved around a lot and I've lived in a lot of different places and seen a lot of different stereotypes, all of which thought they were just what the perfect person is, but none of them alike. I think it's all personality and not what you wear, what you look like or how much money you have. After all, looks will fade, your bank account might dry up, but you'll always have your personality.
9. Who is the person you most admire? I admire my cousin, honestly. I always looked up to her when we were kids but it's beyond that now. She's gay and her parents basically kicked her out because of it. But it didn't stop her from doing everything she wanted to. She got a job, put herself through college, graduated, got a better job, has a nice place to live and takes care of herself. She didn't let other people's beliefs get in the way of who she is.
10. Why do you want to join this community? It seems pretty cool and recently I seem to have become addicted to rating communities that rate your personality instead of your looks. Like I said, it's all about the personality.
11. Anything else you'd like to say? Uhm, nothing really comes to mind. And I'm going to be late for class if I don't get going. But thanks for your time, regardless of if I get voted in or not.
1. Your name: Angelina